Shower valve broken?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

I think shower cartridge has failed on non electric shower..continually leaking water when off..took off circular dial..water leaking through screw..

Any ideas what the make the shower unit is? Have no documentation and can't find any info on the unit.

Does the cartridge need to be replaced or is there another way of rectifying the problem?

Have enclosed a couple of pictures.

Cheers.

DSC_0899.JPG DSC_0899.JPG

Sponsored Links
I wonder if it might be an Aqualisa? They made a surface mounted ?Aquavalve? like that with a two-part white plastic shroud. The number "900" springs to mind.

Look at the exploded parts diagrams on their website.

p.s.

you have the knob? show us a photo

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Can't read it..too worn.
Now what? Even if i get someone in how are they going to replace it if there is no id?

Can it be fixed by removing, repairing and replacing or does the whole cartridge need to be replaced with a new one?

Cheers!

DSC_0909.JPG DSC_0893.JPG

Yeah,i uploaded to that website,got a quick response from a helpful chap..it's a Sirrus\Gummers 1600...
..Unfortunately the valve and spares are discontinued.

Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back