Shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all.I have a shower that constantly drips,it's to do with the valve that you operate it with,its a lever and i can only think of two things it could be that ,1.the washers gone or 2. muck has got in behind the valve and this is why it won't shut off propely.Im a bit dubious of taking it apart as i dont know what sort of washer (if it is the washer) it would need to replace it I.E,if i'd have to order it in or could just pick it up anywhere.Suggestions please,Thanks

Sponsored Links
Has it got a lever that moves in several directions? It might have a ceramic valve which (with luck) you can fit a replacement cartridge in. Do you know what make it is? If not, can you put a picture up?

You can get an overhaul kit for a Mira which costs rather more than the average new mixer.

BTW is it on water mains pressure? Are you in a hard water area (might be scale)

What is a Knup?

Its comes from a balanced supply on a unvented cylinder,and yes where i live does generally have hard water,It isnt a mira but the valve moves left to right which is on and off.Note that it has been installed for five years now,it wouldnt be a straight forward washer change then,if it was this? But i think you're right about the scale,theres a good cahance that it is that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back