Shower waste in celotex insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I’ve been laying down some celotex in my extension ready for UFH and screed and it’s just dawned on me that once down I’d be a bit stuck for any waste other than sink and wc above the floor.

Is it ok to cut a channel in the celotex and run a standard plastic pipe along and out the wall? The cello text is about 150mm thick and the distance to wall is less then 2m.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes it's fine although try to leave at least some insulation to avoid thermal bridging
Also 150mm seems like a lot, are you going for super insulated?

Yes, I’d originally planned for 100mm but went higher so that the floor could be level between the older part of the house and new. Figured more was better anyway. I figured I’d make a 1ftx1ft cut in the 50mm celotex and shutter the outside to prevent the screed flowing in. Then run the pipe out with a small ‘fall’ to the wall. Perhaps 10-20mm overall which would mean it’s still sat in the 100mm below.

Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back