Shower Waste P trap loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new shower, however when i connect the P trap to the new shower waste plug the p trap can easily move about, this is because there is not enough thread on the bottom of the waste plug to fully tighten the P trap on the waste plug. The shower came with a flexy hose attachment but I was advised against using it on this forum.

Will I need to get a new shower plug waste with longer thread? or should the P trap still seal?

When i have looked up other shower plug wastes there is alot of them with a short thread.

Hope someone can help

Dave

Sponsored Links
can't see why you haven't got enough thread.
how long is the thread once the waste is fitted to the tray ?

Do you mean you are trying to fit a standard p trap to a shower drain?

All the shower traps I have seen include the part that shows inside the shower tray.

It is possible that the fitting on the tray is designed for use with the flexible hose only.

Sponsored Links
I am not sure how much thread is there, I will measure it and get back, it looks like a standard tray plug from what i have looked at on screwfix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back