Shower waste pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I am having our downstairs toilet renovated, including having a shower installed. I want to do some of the work myself, but could do with some advice.

The floor is concrete, so I was initially going to raise the tray box in the waste, but the room was in pretty bad shape, so the walls had to be taken back to brick, ready to be insulated and boarded, and the the floor removed to about 6" below the damp course, and will have a dpm, insulation and new concrete.

I want to take the opportunity to install the waste in the new floor, but, as the walls are still bare, and I haven't selected the shower tray, so I'm not exactly sure where the tray waste will be. I know the tray size I want, and approximately where it will be, so can I just get the pipe in a position I know will be under the tray, or can you advise how I should proceed. The floor is due to be reinstated shortly, so I need to make a quick decision.

I'd appreciate any advice on a diy approach, (including pitfalls), but appreciate it might be best left to a plumber. Just trying to save a few bob.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back