Shower waste to clay pipe in concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing a shower tray on a concrete floor. The waste pipe is an old pot one, 4 inches internally, 5 externally, & it's a bit damaged in the top 3 or 4 inches. The old tray had no seal: the hole was just positioned over the drain. I've no problem directing my new 40mm pipe vertically into the drain, but should I seal it, & if so, what on earth with? Any advice would be gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
That looks just the job (I'm looking at part DC2-BL). Am I right in assuming these pull on over the outside of the 4 inch pipe? I should be able to patch up the broken top of the clay pipe, clear the few bits of concrete from round the top, & slip one of these over in that case. Am I right in assuming that the standard 4 inch pot pipe is 4 inch internal diameter - that's what this pipe is. And yes, there is a trap. I've just done what I've been putting off for a while & stuck my arm in to clear out whatever was in there. I got an interesting array of stuff out of it, most of which must have got there before the old shower went in! But it's a proper trap.

no it gets pushed down inside the pipe, the fins on the outside of the rubber connector should be flexible enough to go into your clay pipe.

Sponsored Links
no it gets pushed down inside the pipe, the fins on the outside of the rubber connector should be flexible enough to go into your clay pipe.
Oh that will make it even easier, so that's great. Thanks very much picasso.

I've got to dig down through my concrete floor to attach a shower waste to an existing (I presume) clay waste that atm takes the sink waste. Could anyone please suggest the best way to do this, and are the fittings shown on this link suitable........if there ARE any suitable ones is it possible to provide a new link as this one isn't now working?
Thanks very much if anyone can help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back