Shower water burning hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We had our bathroom overhauled a couple of weeks ago including a thermostatic shower but since then in our ensuite which has a mixer shower the water in the ensuite when you turn on the water at the normal point the water runs that hot it will burn your skin we then turn it down a long way into the cold area and it goes colder so we can use it, then it goes cold
is this because of the work done in the bathroom or is the mixer going faulty.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Shower bar faulty.
I had the same problem with an aqualisa bar.
As it is under warranty, get it replaced.
Btw, if you have a low pressure system you must install a low pressure shower bar.
For high pressure systems it doesn't matter.

Sorry , its the ensuite that has a mixer shower tap thats the problem not the new shower bar

Sponsored Links
Cold water comingin has a 3 bar regulator on the incoming, can you explain why it’s the new shower bar causing the mixer to misbehave please

No, I don't think it's the shower bar that's causing the problem.
I think it's either a faulty mixer, debris in the cartridge due to not flushing pipes on installation or the wrong mixer (high pressure mixer fitted on a low pressure system).

1. Shower make and model? Photograph?
2. What type of hot water system:
2a. Combi?
2b. Vented hot water (hot water cylinder (HWC) probably in airing cupboard, cold water storage cistern (CWSC) probably in loft)?
2c. Vented as above with shower pump(s)?
2d. Unvented hot water system (largely as vented but no CWSC in loft, probably large HWC could be anywhere)?

Mixer has been in 20 years , sealed system with tank , system boiler no shower pumps

Attachments

• 187BE615-09C5-49E3-9286-66B5A1670ECF.jpeg
    187BE615-09C5-49E3-9286-66B5A1670ECF.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 87BBD34A-784F-43A0-BF6C-FC68DC9ED423.jpeg
    87BBD34A-784F-43A0-BF6C-FC68DC9ED423.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 59
20 years=clean the cartridge with vinegar.
Is still causing problems, replace.

I guess it may be possible that the new work resulted in crud flowing in to the mixer valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back