shower wiring???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please excuse me if this is an obvious question but I've just bought a place and want to check the existing wiring of the shower is ok -since some of the other handiwork leaves something to be desired!

it runs from the control unit through a large switch -similar to one used for electric ovens and then onto the shower. There also seems to be a spur for a single socket taken from the switch. None of the previous inhabitants appear to have fried themselves so is this ok or were they lucky?!

Many thanks for any advice anyone can give.
Jonesy

Sponsored Links
lucky!

You can not take a "spur" from a shower

The reason is the fuse at the consumers unit . If a fault occurs the fuse will sit there quite happily but the cable to the spur (being smaller than the cable for the shower will go first, i suggest you remove the spur.

Also where is the big switch, please do not say it is in the bathroom

thanks for the swift reply -ile take the spur off then. The switch is in a different room.
thanks again
Jonesy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back