Shower wont switch on?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

This will probably be the first of many posts as I've just bouhgt my first flat and want to do it all up myself... starting with this odd one!...

My shower used to work fine then all of a sudden this morning i switched the power on for the shoer with the switch outside the bathroom and the little red L.e.d came on fine, then when i went to turn the shower on - nothing!. no power seems to be getting to the shower, and when the shower is on the red l.e.d on the outside switch goes off - I think this may have happened anyway though...

I've taken the Gainsborough 1000x shower apart and can't see amnything glaringly obvious thats fallen off is faulty.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I could try next?

Cheers.

YoungAndy

ps. being 6ft2 and trying to wash your hair in a bath shouldbe an olympic sport - it's just way too hard!!!

Sponsored Links
First thing I'd be looking for is a solinoid operated valve. There are some older showers that don't have this type of valve. If the solinoid does not fuction you get no water flowing through. Solinoids are often used on central heating boilers and washing machines and they seem to be the cause of many breakdowns. If you have a multimeter you can test the solinoid for continuity.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back