showerforce easiboost shower pump problem..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've had this showerforce pump working wonderfully (except for how noisy it is) for a good few years but it has just started to have problems and I'm assuming it's on its last legs....

Over the past week or so it has lasted for less and less time before cutting out completely.. it only works for a few minutes now before sounding like its struggling and then cutting out.

The strange thing is, if I leve it for half an hour it then works fine again, but still only for a few mins before cutting out...

Do you think the pump is knackered or could there be another problem? I don't want to go an buy a new pump until I'm sure....

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The showerforce easy boost was a 15 min on 60 min off pump that means that if you used it for more that 15 mins then it would cut off for 60 mins then work fine.

If your hot water temp has not gone up and exceeded 65 degrees, then you unfortunatly need a new pump.

they are not manufactured as Shower force any more they were a New team pump rebranded for Diy stores if you look on this site it will show you the current replacement model which is exactly the same.
http://www.new-team-pumps.co.uk/Newteam-Varispeed-Shower-Pumps.html

If you want an improved version of that model the get the duraspeed which is continuously rated therefore it will rum for up to a hour.
http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/duraspeed.html

Note* There is a Hose difference so some replumbing to be done unless you use the old Showerforce hoses the it is a straight swap.

hi,

thanks for the reply.. really helpful..

im quite keen on doing as simple a replacement as possible so just switching this one for another is the way id love to go.. but im also keen to get a quieter pump if possible.. is the higher spec showerforce pump queiter? and can i just use the old easiboost hoses and swap it?

thanks again

With The easiboost the bigger the pump the noisier, they are all fairly noisy unless you go for a 22mm pump they are quieter but replumbing required.

If you went for the 2.0bar It would be the same with the hoses but the pump runs faster on that one to create the extra pressure so it would be noisier.

Sponsored Links
With The easiboost the bigger the pump the noisier, they are all fairly noisy unless you go for a 22mm pump they are quieter but replumbing required.

If you went for the 2.0bar It would be the same with the hoses but the pump runs faster on that one to create the extra pressure so it would be noisier.

So, the more expensive one is going to be noisier? We didnt have any problem with the pressure of the easiboost so that should be fine. I'm a little confused now as the links you gave say both pumps are 1.5 bar and you mentioned 2.0 bar in your last post?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back