Showermate by Stewart Turner pump problem NOW SORTED THANKS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok folks, We did have a fully functioning showermate twin 1.4 bar, recently the thing started failing to start every time so i took it out to service it. I have re-installed it following the manual priming both side by connecting the inlet hoses first and getting a good flow through the pump before connecting the outlet side but after doing this the pump fails to work or runs for a few seconds then stops.

I have checked the installation diagrams and its installed as suggested in the manual with the pump possitioned right at the side of the cylinder with the water tank directly above.

I have allso removed both the shower head and hose but nothing seems to work.

Help pulling my hair out here.

Steve

Sponsored Links
If you place a magnet (moving it upwards) on the reed valve does it work?, if so your reed valve needs sorting.

I have checked them both and both are working fine, If i disconnect the pipework to the shower the think works fine its just when i connect everything back together then it wont work again.

My head keeps saying i am either not priming the pump right or the pump cant shove the air in the shower pipework once connected again.

Steve

With the supply connected, but not the outlets (to the pipework) does it work?, you need to connect a hose(s) to check it or you'll flood the place

Sponsored Links
yes it pumps lovely with just the short flexi hoses fitted and feeding into a basin lovely without the pump running and even better with the pump running as you would exspect

Thats whats so confusing about all this

Steve

Have you checked if fitted the non return valve in the shower valve.

Pete

Pete

it was working fine before and none of the pipework has been changed so i cant see it being that really.

Problem is nearest bloke who is trained to fit and repair these things is miles away otherwise i would have got someone out to look at it by now

steve

Hey folks

Thanks for trying to help me sort out this problem.

I have now sorted it as it was a air lock and a small piece of grit inside the pump itself jamming the pump each time it tried to start (or so it would seem.

Just a quick note to anyone reading this with a simular problem the pumps are really easy to take apart and re-assemble with a few simple tools and not half as hard as some would have you think.

Thanks again

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back