Shut up about MPs

Then of course there are those ;) who make excuses , appease, ignore the disgraceful way in which some countries treat woman

way r b being one such example ??? may be :sneaky:
An example? anything that remotely hints at what you suggest?
The BIG difference between you and I, is that when I accuse you of something (such as deceit or bigotry) I back it up with loads of evidence.
When you accuse others of anything, it is pure, simple conjecture and your imagination alone, never a hint of evidence.
This is a prime example.
It is what you do. It is what you are!

Sponsored Links
The Westminster scandal does show there is a need for cultural change.

The issue, to me is that inappropriate behavior between a man and women of similar age and similar power status, can be fought off and could be just inapproriate. But inappropriate behavior between a powerful senior MP or senior manager and a junior researcher or employee female is likely to be harassment. An attractive girl in her ealry 20's in a first career job at Westminster is going to be in awe of a senior MP and will want to please in order to develop her career, so the power difference is a key to the interpretation of harassment.

Sexual harassment is unlike other offences, because what makes it harassment, is to a large extent determined by how it makes the person feel.

Its very sad that an MP has committed suicide, as a result of the current scandel. I think that the media should not be encouraged to use the scandal for cheap headlines, but the culture does need to be changed both in Westminster and offices around the country.

Why did the scandal break? Not for altruistic reasons I think, but for power gain.

The Westminster scandal does show there is a need for cultural change.
Tell your alter-ego: **** end.

The issue, to me is that inappropriate behavior between a man and women of similar age and similar power status, can be fought off and could be just inapproriate.
Oh, silly me. I see you are of the same opinion.
"inappropriate behavior between a man and women" is not acceptable! There are no mitigating circumstances!
You said so in your comment!
I noticed your little articulation: "behavior between a man and women".
One singular, the other plural?
Is it then, in your opinion, acceptable for one man to behave inappropriately with several women?

Is it time for **** end, notch, mightyblab, gasbanni, et al, to step up and admit their duplicity?

Last edited:
"inappropriate behavior between a man and women" is not acceptable! There are no mitigating circumstances!
Let me take this further: I am the boss of a small company; the new receptionist/secretary/typist/goesfor is a young female. I suggest or make a silly sexual remark.
Would I make the same remark to my friend/ MIL/the boss/my partner/my friends partner/the PM/the doctor/ etc?
When is inappropriate inappropriate?
There are no mitigating circumstances!

Sponsored Links
Tell your alter-ego: **** end.

Oh, silly me. I see you are of the same opinion.
You said so in your comment!
I noticed your little articulation: "behavior between a man and women".
One singular, the other plural?
Is it then, in your opinion, acceptable for one man to behave inappropriately with several women?

Is it time for **** end, notch, mightyblab, gasbanni, et al, to step up and admit their duplicity?

Good grief, you are point scoring on an articulation error

Let me take this further: I am the boss of a small company; the new receptionist/secretary/typist/goesfor is a young female. I suggest or make a silly sexual remark.
Would I make the same remark to my friend/ MIL/the boss/my partner/my friends partner/the PM/the doctor/ etc?
When is inappropriate inappropriate?
There are no mitigating circumstances!

I was differentiating between what is sexual harassment as opposed to inappropriate behavior.

I didnt mention whether it was acceptable or not.

I did say that with a power differential, inappropriate behaviour would quickly become harassment.

I cant answer whether you would make a silly sexual remark to your mil, friend, friends partner, doctor. If you did they probabky wouldnt hear as they'd already switched off from all the ranting :):):)

I was differentiating between what is sexual harassment as opposed to inappropriate behavior.
The forum will be impressed by your ability to differentiate. :rolleyes:

I didnt mention whether it was acceptable or not.
You did try to excuse it: "can be fought off and could be just inapproriate."

I did say that with a power differential, inappropriate behaviour would quickly become harassment.
How about inappropriate is inappropriate, whereas harassment could be continued inappropriate or threatening behaviour ?
harassment
ˈharəsm(ə)nt,həˈrasm(ə)nt/
noun
  1. aggressive pressure or intimidation.
The "power" concept is purely in the mind of the culprit. The "power" concept, from the victim's perspective, is only evident after the the event, in the "shall I report it" stage.

A typical example of inappropriate behaviour:
I cant answer whether you would make a silly sexual remark to your mil, friend, friends partner, doctor. If you did they probabky wouldnt hear as they'd already switched off from all the ranting :):):)
Continuous behaviour like that could be considered harassment.

You did try to excuse it: "can be fought off and could be just inapproriate.

Yes I should have said 'sometimes' not can, to avoid seeming like I am excusing it.

However, I then say 'could be just inappropriate', the 'just' is there as it may not be just inappropriate, it could also be assault.

The "power" concept is purely in the mind of the culprit. The "power" concept, from the victim's perspective, is only evident after the the event, in the "shall I report it" stage.

No, not only.

Maybe only after the event, maybe evident at the time.

Sponsored Links
Back