Siamp Push Button Toilet Overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been an ongoing issue for around 6 weeks. YouTube told me that I needed a new Siamp diaphragm which seemed sensible as there was a tiny split in it.

It took about three attempts to fit it successfully as it still kept overflowing. The success didn't last. Within 5 days it started to make a little thumping noise before it shut off and then failed.

I got the diaphragm changed at Screwfix and the whole process repeated again.

I was forced to get in a plumber who adjusted the height of the float. He said he'd charge me £10 when he'd normally change £65. Just as well. Within a few days it failed again.

This time after watching a second YouTube video I decided that the washer at the top of the refill section probably needed replacing. The video told me if the valve didn't go back in (the thumping noise) then it would leak. I also read comments about grit. I tried to take the lid off this section but I instead decided to give the area a blast with a water jet. It started to work!

Nine days later it appears to be failing again. It overflowed then there was the thump and it stopped.

Firstly can this be fixed without changing the whole refill unit and if not can I swap out this section for a Fluidmaster without changing the flush section?

The photo was nicked from somebody else, but the section I'm talking about is circled in red. The top of this looks like it will clip off but the articles I've read suggest that the washer located inside can't be purchased hence my question about changing to a Fluidmaster. I appreciate I have read a post with a very similar question but what hasn't been answered in that post is how do I actually take this apart before I consider changing it?
14692365.jpg~2.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back