Side gate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Side gate made from pressure treated timber. Includes biscuit joints, mortise and tennon, bridle joints and lap joints.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 82783590.jpg
    iOS Image - 82783590.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 323
Sponsored Links
So, did you make it, or buy it; and do we assume it's getting fitted, rather being used a conversation piece.

IMG_0921.JPG
IMG_0920.JPG
I made it and hung it. Maybe I misunderstood this forum, I thought it was just a place to share diy projects.

It is, but the starting picture didn't quite set the tone. The side rails sticking up above the wall supports looks a little odd, but that's a small comment rather than a criticism, nice job though.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, I'd agree with that comment. That was an oversight; I took the slab up when setting the posts, measured up and forgot the slab was going back down, thus lifting the gate 2 inches. Probably doesn't look as bad in the flesh. Not bad for a primary teacher though!

Definitely not, you've got the chance of a new proffession if the kids (or the other teachers) get too rough.

It looks great to me!!

I need to make one for a mate who just bought a Persimmon home, you don't get a gate included.

Fit a hasp & staple on the inside with a padlock. Also treat it again making sure the timber is dry, you can use a clear or coloured preservative.

But you have done a lovely job.

Andy

Fit a hasp & staple on the inside with a padlock. Also treat it again making sure the timber is dry, you can use a clear or coloured preservative.

But you have done a lovely job.

Andy

Cheers, it has 2 bolts, one top and one bottom for padlocking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back