Siemans RWB2E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have been removing some tiles from my kitchen wall some were tight around the rwb2e programer the programer moved abit, now it will not work ,when i switch it on no lights come on but i do hear a small sound in the boiler? . I have checked the wires that connect to the pins and all are screwed in. fuse is ok at switch.Do you think something may have broken inside the programer? when i slide the slider over for the heating it feels very light as if it is not doing anything the hot water slider feels more normal. ? J

Sponsored Links
Make sure that the programmer has not come away from it's bas, as if it is not firmly fixed the contacts at the top of the base will not make contact, otherwise it seems the programmer may have failed RWB2E is the current model which is a direct repalcement, (don't for get to select 16 or 22 programmes using the slider switch on the back of the programmer) Fully pumped with motorised valves set to 22 all others 16 ;)

Make sure that the programmer has not come away from it's base, as if it is not firmly fixed, the contacts at the top of the base will not make contact, otherwise it seems the programmer may have failed. RWB2E is the current model, which is a direct repalcement, (don't for get to select 16 or 22 programmes using the slider switch on the back of the programmer) Fully pumped with motorised valves set to 22 all others 16 ;)

the little metal tag that slides up and down when changing the program had broken off replaced it but still does not work .Are there any others that connect on to pins at wiring that i could do a swop with ? or could i use any of these ? Siemans rwb9 . Drayton LP711. Honeywell ST100. Potterton EP2002. or is it easy to change the wiring for digital ? J

Sponsored Links
The Seimens RWB29 is a Digital Programmer, direct swap.
The Honeywell ST9400C Ditto, same base, but due to slight differences with the moulding, you may need to swap bases, (swap wires like for like)
Potterton Progs have a diffrent base ,as do Horstman Channel Plus ;)

Could i use a rwb9 ? or a Danfoss fp715si? I normally switch my hot water and heating on and off as i need it can you do that with a digital programmer ? J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back