Siemens Rwb2e boiler control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
My mums boiler has a Siemens rwb2e.
it is still working when asking for hot water. But there is no response when turning the central heating on. I can not hear any noises (clicks) within the control box when asking for central heating (but can when doing the hot water).

Is there a way of me being 100% sure that it is the control unit rather than a boiler part. I’m fairly confident I can replace the box but want to be sure before I buy one.

I have a multi meter but not sure how I’d check this to be sure if anyone can give guidance? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think this is right:

Turn power off to programmer, remove programmer, place a link wire between the live and heating on, turn on power, if the heating comes on then I’d say faulty programmer.

Edited: Thanks to Hugh pointing something out (though I had already said turn the power off ;)), the next part you could test is the room thermostat is getting live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do NOT remove/replace programmer onto backplate without isolating the power first.

Could do with more info on your system, the RWB2e is generally a reliable unit in my experience, you may be better trying to test for power output from it when 'Heating On' selected further along the line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back