Siemens programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have Siemens RWB2E programmer and I can only control the heating only twice for the day and want to upgrade it so I can control the heating and hot water throughout the day, can I replace the programmer with just any digital programmer.

Sponsored Links
The Siemens RWB2E uses a 'standard' backplate....

Capture2.JPG

....and the most common wiring configuration, which is as shown below.

upload_2018-2-8_9-57-5.png

So, as Dan says usually any digital programmer will fit. However, there are a few exceptions, so choose carefully. The backplates are supposed to be universal, they normally fit. (but not always) However, if necessary, swapping over the backplates and moving the wires over like for like, is pretty straightforward.

You don't give any details of the system that the programmer is connected to. Modern systems will allow totally separate control of the heating and hot water. However, due to the plumbing restrictions of some older installations, whilst the hot water can be 'on', on its own, it is not possible for the heating to be 'on' without the hot water also being 'on'. Occasionally someone will change the programmer thinking it would prevent this, but the restriction is with the heating system not the programmer.

Depending on the type of heating system it is fitted to, pins 1 & 2 may, or may not be used.

Hey thanks for the reply.
Basically not quite sure what system it’s is as it’s 15-18 years old all I know is it has a tank in loft than another Water heater tank which located in an airing cupboard in the bedroom n a pottern boiler in the kitchen.

Sponsored Links
Based on the age you give for the system. I would expect it to have totally separate control of heating and hot water. The telling factor is the presence of motorised valves. Either one 'Mid-Position Valve' like this....

Or two separate 'Zone Valves' like this....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back