Siemens HB84E562B microwave combi shutting down after 25 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Siemens microwave combi oven which has just started intermittently shutting down after around 25 seconds on microwave (i.e. if you set the time to one minute, it counts down and fails as 36 seconds appears), and there is no evidence of heating during that time. The conventional functions of the oven work fine.

When the fault is on, I have noticed it appears to count down OK on the 90, 180 low power settings which I hardly ever use, but not on higher power settings 360, 600, 1000. However, even on the 90/180 power settings, there is no evidence it is actually heating up anything.

The parts schematic for the machine is here.

https://www.siemens-home.bsh-group....386/Tabs=section-spareparts/Togglebox=tb0431/

I've found several hits with what sounds like the identical fault on the same model of machine, but nothing yet that actually confirms what the fix actually was in any of the cases. Some point the finger at the magnetron (2M236-M42J1Y) which seem to be prone to overheating.

I also found another link saying that a fuse on the control board can go if the door is slammed - and I *assume* this is a reference to the safety interlock switches on the door operating out of step with the speed of the door being closed, so isn't likely to be the case with an intermittent fault like this.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just for reference of anyone experiencing a similar fault, this was indeed a magnatron failure. Note that the Panasonic magnatron model I originally mentioned for this model has been superseded by Panasonic 2M236-M42E2 and the going rate for it is around £60, and NOT the £120 the official UK Siemens parts supplier will attempt to charge you for the identical item. Pays to do your homework and shop around.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back