Siemens iQ500 not completing spin cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Had this problem for about a month, where my Siemens washing machine will not complete a spin cycle. For a while, it was only when doing a regular wash cycle, and I had to set it to 'spin only' after doing a wash.

Now, it won't complete a spin cycle even when set to 'spin' and unloaded.

Today I took the machine apart, took the pump out and cleaned it, and ran water through the drainage hose which was very dirty. Thought this might help but it's still not working. I can see the pump is spinning when the machine is empty and set to spin cycle. The pump is spinning with a slight ticking noise though, not totally silent.

I'm not getting any other errors. Any ideas?

EDIT: I should say the pump was full of sand as we live near a beach. I washed out as much as I could, any chance it's got into the motor?

Sponsored Links
Just wondering, have you checked the motor brushes?

I had a similar problem years ago with a Miele washing machine. One brush had completely worn down.

Okay, took it apart again today. The main drive motor is actually brushless, and seems to run fine, so no problems there.

The pump is working and successfully emptying the machine. I couldn't get it apart to have a look at the pump motor, if that's what you meant. But it seems to spin fine.

The machine gave up in the middle of an empty spin, then successfully completed a spin. So I don't know what's going on! Anyone got any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
No problem! Looks like I managed to solve the problem by resetting the control board as follows:

1. Turn the knob to off.
  2. Close the door.
  3. Turn the knob to 6 o'clock position.
  4. Wait 2 seconds.
  5. The start/pause should begin flashing.
  6. Press and hold the rpm button.
  7. Turn the knob to 7 o'clock position.
  8. Wait a few seconds.
  9. Release the button.
  10. Turn the knob to off.

Well played.

Where did you find that. It may help others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back