Sign writing

BDL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any tips on how to remove vinyl signwriting without damaging van?

Thnx in advance.

Sponsored Links
if you mean the stick on letters, heat with either hot water (strait from kettle) or hair dryer to warm letters they then peel off

Thnx Beezer, I tried hot water but no luck. The hair dryer I will try today.

A hair dryer or hot air gun is the way forward, be carefull not to get them to hot or they will stretch and break, then youll have to pull off loads of little bits!
Any adhestive left can be removed with a small amount of meths.

Sponsored Links
i was told petrol would remove them, also call at any of the car part shops i had some selotape i couldnt remove and the guy sprayed clutch fluid or something else in a can and removed it with one wipe, but dont quote me on the clutch fluid its something used for cars in a tin ask the people in the shop it must be a common tip because this guy wasnt keeping it a secret. PS if you try the petrol DONT SMOKE ;)

jbonding said:
but dont quote me on the clutch fluid its something used for cars in a tin :

As far as I know,clutch fluid very similar to brake fluid - and brake fluid can strip paint off,so be careful :eek:

It was probably WD40 rather than brake/clutch fluid. Petrol will remove the residue followed by T cut or rubbing compound and then a good wax polish otherwise the marks will keep coming back.

Unfortunately it is very rare not to be able to see the marks unless the vehicle is quite new.

It would more than likely be an aerosol brake and clutch cleaner that was sprayed. we use it to clean sticky residue off almost everything. does tend to fade the paint a wee bit. t-cut brings it up a treat.

petrol does work, but caution must be used when using and all spiilages should be dealt with

Sponsored Links
Back