van write-off

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
07 plate VW Caddy, 114k on the clock

Delivery van opens back door as i went by to damage passenger side and bust the mirror

The repairer can do running repairs otherwise they are writing the van off
Other party has accepted full responsibility

If the van is written off, i will be out of pocket
what are my options

I have taken good care of the van and spent money when required- good runners, does not let me down

Thanks for reading the post

Sponsored Links
I would like to thank every one who looked at this thread and offered their advice.

Latest development today is written below. I have since had independent engineers report that puts the vehicle price at £3950, third party insurance valued it at £3261 and my insurance say it is worth £2354 :cry::cry: and taking £300 for access (and to keep van they would give me £1536.12).

Today called my insurance with a clear mind to get to the bottom of the low valuation. Read to them what independent engineers report said and now revalued at £3568.

Fact that vehicle is a commercial vehicle, Vat to go on top. Should the insurers adjust for that? The independent engineers says yes.

While do appreciate the renewal will go up as it does every year, will the non fault push it higher? If yes, why as liability has been accepted by the third party

TIA

Should not increase your premium, in fact my insurers also w up to 2 claims without affect.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
Should not increase your premium, in fact my insurers also w up to 2 claims without affect.
That's good to hear. Someone bumped into our car whilst we were stationary, admitted liability and we had a £2k + repair done on their insurance. Less than 24 hours later, car was parked up and someone reverses into the side. Admits liability and waiting to go in for another repair. Will cost more than the bumper. No claims for 30+ years and then two in the same month although I have dealt directly with both insurance companies and both are non-fault claims.

Tell your insurance that you don't need their services and go after the other party insurance.
They have to put you in the same position you were before the accident, so they either repair your van or you find a similar one, with similar mileage and they pay for it.
Been there myself.
If they don't want to play ball, send them a first threatening letter before court action.
Send a copy to the driver who hit you.
They'll pay immediately.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Back