Signs of the Rwanda threat working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently, 80% of asylum seekers entering Ireland from Northern Ireland are doing so because of the fear of being detained and sent to Rwanda. Ireland are wanting to return them to N.I. However, a UK government source said the UK “won’t accept any asylum returns from the EU via Ireland until the EU accepts that we can send them back to France.”

Funny how a EU member will "not provide a loophole for anybody else's migration challenges" but they expect the U.K. to provide a loophole for theirs! They can’t have it both ways. Rishi seems to have a grin on his face about it. Interesting.

Sponsored Links
It does seem that they are not happy with it.

But what stopping the Irish from just plonking the Migrants at a service station just over the border?

I see Conservatives have quietly dropped their “stop the boats” slogan

Is it something to do with the fact boat crossings have gone up not done?

Yet another policy Rishi Sunak has failed to deliver on

What a miserable failure

Sponsored Links
Migrants leaving the French coast is not a loophole
Do you think that migrants walking from N.I. to Ireland is not a loophole too? What’s the difference - they are both leaving one safe country for another, aren’t they?

Perhaps the UK should dock a barge off Warrenpoint to make it easier.

It does seem that they are not happy with it.

But what stopping the Irish from just plonking the Migrants at a service station just over the border?

Those delivering them, would be guilty of facilitation

Hmm. Only a half-hearted rebuttal from Notch so far. Maybe I've hit a nerve amongst the 'Come one, come all, let them travel to where they feel safest' brigade?

Hey @Notch7 , do you think the asylum seekers should be made to stop where they are when they reach the UK and not travel further because they are in a safe country?

Apparently, 80% of asylum seekers entering Ireland from Northern Ireland are doing so because of the fear of being detained and sent to Rwanda. Ireland are wanting to return them to N.I. However, a UK government source said the UK “won’t accept any asylum returns from the EU via Ireland until the EU accepts that we can send them back to France.”

What I don't understand, is how they get to NI. Do they just get off an inflatable in Kent, then wonder onto a ferry at Fishguard, Holyhead, or Stranraer?

It's good news though as long as ireland doesn't send them back (which is what we should be doing with regard to france). Anyway however they are getting there maybe they could find some space for sunak kahn and that scottish bloke.

Unlikely - despite being 60% of the size of the England and only 1/10th the population.. it is apparently..
skynews-dublin-ireland-anti-immigratio_6533847.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back