Signs of the Rwanda threat working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a common travel area agreement. But I know nothing about what you posted.

I have to say, their stance stinks. UK has to accept illegal immigrants from France and Ireland can send its illegal immigrants back to the UK?

Sponsored Links
Obviously, but how?

Do they hide on a truck, or what to get there? They will in Kent with little, if any money, so probably not people smugglers.

In disguise.

2f2c26ddf9f8da0a64830f2a1dd503d6--u-welcome-irish-leprechaun.jpg

Jeez this gets so boring, not on this forum, I'm referring to the whole migrant thing.

France has been p1ss poor doing anything about folk trying to get here. Truth be told, it can be argued why should they try.

UK's been p1ss poor at having a PROPER system in place to process these folk quickly and efficiently. Can we actually do anything quickly and efficiently in this country anymore?

This is definitely one area where I could become a conspiracy theorist i.e. it can be asserted the government isn't trying to and has no real desire to resolve this. Useful distraction and finger of blame that takes focus off their basic feck up of running the country.

This is definitely one area where I could become a conspiracy theorist i.e. it can be asserted the government isn't trying to and has no real desire to resolve this. Useful distraction and finger of blame that takes focus off their basic feck up of running the country.

The penny has finally dropped.......

Sponsored Links
There is a common travel area agreement. But I know nothing about what you posted.

I have to say, their stance stinks. UK has to accept illegal immigrants from France and Ireland can send its illegal immigrants back to the UK?

It sounds like there is an agreement to return asylum seekers, but I still don't know where it is written down. Presumably just a sensible and pragmatic recognition of the complexity of the arrangements between our two countries, and the importance of the common travel area.

Irish deputy PM

Mr Martin said that the decision related to an agreement on “returning” asylum seekers to the UK – and vice versa – that was struck between the two governments after Brexit. “So basically, it is restoring the situation to where it was before the High Court case of last March. That’s, in essence, what has been proposed,” Mr Martin said at a joint press event in London with Mr Heaton-Harris.

Northern Ireland Secretary

“If this legislation is, as I believe it is and I’ve been assured it is, just setting us back in time to where we were and what we were dealing with, then I’m comfortable with that,” Mr Heaton-Harris said.

Rishi might just be grandstanding before the local elections. Probably a bad time for the Irish to raise this.

What are you talking about?!? You don't half come up with some guff. I'm sure on other threads I was saying this months back if not further.

If that's the case, I apologise.

You wording though was not "I've been saying this all along" but, rather, "I could become a conspiracy theorist....".

It sounds like there is an agreement to return asylum seekers, but I still don't know where it is written down.

It isn't written down because there is no agreement. Dublin III agreement ended we when we left the EU and certainly no new agreements have been signed since then.

It isn't written down because there is no agreement. Dublin III agreement ended we when we left the EU and certainly no new agreements have been signed since then.

I've certainly never heard of it. But I wonder why the Irish Deptuy PM would claim, at least five times, that there was an agreement. It's a mystery!

Mr Martin said the wider issue of migration, including returns, was covered by an unspecified agreement between the British and Irish governments that was reached in the “years after Brexit”. He made at least five references to it during the BIIGC press conference.

The Irish governments figures of 80% of illegals coming from N.I. are bullshit.
The Irish government is under pressure due to mass immigration.
When under pressure, the Irish always blame the 'old enemy'.
If anything, the opposite is the case, foreigners of all types are appearing in N.Ireland in ever greater numbers than before.

The UK government has said it won't change its policy of not accepting returns of illegal immigrants until France and the EU reciprocate by accepting UK returns of illegals from France and the EU.
How long this policy will last is anyones guess, given the Tories previous form of backing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back