Signs of the Rwanda threat working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carmen rather than sound off why don't you describe a suitable system. My post was factually correct but you seem to want more? So go on lets see you deliver a system with out trying to blame a political party of course..
Process and return. How simple do you want it?

Who do you hold responsible? The EU? The opposition?

Sponsored Links
The convoy arrived just after sunrise: a stream of police vehicles, council trucks, mounted cranes and coaches, ready to dismantle a tent city of migrants and refugees in the heart of Dublin that had become too big, too visible, too political. Everyone agreed the shantytown around the government’s International Protection Office (IPO) at Lower Mount Street was an abomination – unhygienic, unsafe, unfair, a stain on Ireland’s conscience – but the manner and timing of its removal reeked of politics, both Irish and British.

“This is hypocrisy,” said Sami Kupiszewski, 50, an asylum seeker from Turkey, as he watched a crane’s jaws edge closer to his tent. “This is not a solution. They’re just sweeping the people under the carpet. There is no dignity.” Roisin McAleer, whose group Social Rights Ireland had provided tents and duvets, expressed disgust. “Moving people out of sight and out of mind – this is not what protection looks like. This is cleansing.”

The Guardian

4000.jpg

its very odd how you are upset by that but not at all bothered by Michelle Mone pocketing £200m
How very odd you keep avoiding that question I’ve asked you three times now. Any reason for that?

Have I got this right: You think it reasonable for migrants to pass through numerous safe countries to get to the U.K. but you think it unreasonable that they chose then to go further and leave the U.K. to go to Ireland? It’s as if you want to fill this country with them.

I’ll ask again. Simple question. Do you think they should stop when they get to the U.K.?

You think it reasonable for migrants to pass through numerous safe countries to get to the U.K.
Your “safe country” trope is so boring.

If you think they should stop at the first safe country, then you are saying you want every migrant to stay in the neighbouring country….which would overwhelm that region.

Let’s use Ukraine as an example:

2 million Ukrainians are in Poland, but some spread out across a large number of countries including UK

That’s how it works.

Sponsored Links
Have I got this right: You think it reasonable for migrants to pass through numerous safe countries to get to the U.K. but you think it unreasonable that they chose then to go further and leave the U.K. to go to Ireland
No you haven’t got it right.

I’ll ask again. Simple question. Do you think they should stop when they get to the U.K.?
No I don’t.

I’ll ask you a question: “ Do you think migrants should stop when they get to France?”

No I don’t.

I’ll ask you a question: “ Do you think migrants should stop when they get to France?”
I think migrants should stop when they get to the first safe country. Always have done. That’s what I’d do and would be thankful to do so.

Let’s use Ukraine as an example:
Yes let’s. Many Ukranians have returned home or plan to return home. My mates daughter put up a mum and two kids for a year. They went home over six months ago.

I’m talking about the ones who have no intention of going home.

Plenty of evidence that we are getting the EUs failed asylum claimants. People who have been living in other safe countries for a few years who are then told to leave.

Plenty of evidence that people are coming for a better life in the U.K.

And plenty of evidence that a large group of human rights lawyers are templating the applications to be successful.

No I don’t.

Careful you don’t get this one locked Motchy

Was it notchy who got berty thrown off because he was my too hot to handle, along with a few others who had their nose put out of joint.

Last edited:
Was it notchy who got berty thrown off because he was my too hot to handle, along with a few others who had their nose out of joint.

Has berty been thrown off? I've thought about messaging him. We were having a discussion on the climate change thread just before he stopped posting. It's weeks since he posted anything really contentious. He went missing for a couple of days before.

Last edited:
In Rwanda they get 5 years of comprehensive support that we pay for. That for volentary Forced the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back