Silicon stopper strip in bottom track of fitted sliding wardrobe doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My fitted wardrobes have a "stopper" at each side of the bottom track to stop them sliding open.

They are a strip of silicon with a bump in the middle. See photos of one of the strips in place, and out of the track.

I've lost the strip at one end, and the company who fitted the wardrobes has gone bust. Does anyone have any idea where I can get another? Or something else I can use in its place?

Thanks in anticipation!

Mo

Attachments

• IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 319
Sponsored Links
Make one yourself.
You have the original male, make a female mould and then as many stoppers as you want.

Sponsored Links
No silly mould required, hot glue gun sticks from pound shop are about the right dimension to just drop in the track and can be trimed easily with a knife.
I used ordinary door stops mounted at the top under the pelmet to stop my doors.

Get tube of clear silicon & fill the slot then once it has started to go off either mould it with a screwdriver or large tap washer or similar

Get tube of clear silicon & fill the slot then once it has started to go off either mould it with a screwdriver or large tap washer or similar
When the wheels hit silicon they will shred it .

When the wheels hit silicon they will shred it .
I would not have thought so as the stop that is already there is described as & looks like silicon rubber. Have you ever opened up a tube of silicon that has gone off, it is very solid.

I would not have thought so as the stop that is already there is described as & looks like silicon rubber. Have you ever opened up a tube of silicon that has gone off, it is very solid.
Unless you use poundland or no-nonsense silicone...

It’s much more solid that silicon has to stop a door .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back