Tracks for sliding wardrobe doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to have a wardrobe run of 5 sliding doors each 726 mm wide. The total length of the wall is 3800mm. Are there any tracks long enough to take all the doors, or will they have to be split so that 3 doors slide on one track and 2 doors on another track?
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
would have thought that some iff not most systems would lend themselves to butting together 2 tracks for an extended run using the timber its connected to to hold them in line

thats assuming they are able to becut to length at home

I think Stanley do a track at 3607, which should do five doors. Probably need to scribe a panel to each side wall to cater for out of true walls anyway. I assume you allowed for the door overlap when choosing door sizes? The nearest Stanley door size to your 726 width is 762 (30") and the Stanley systems are made to fit in a gap height of 89".

Sponsored Links
Yup, you're right Aunsh. I've remeasured the space - with help, good job it's not me doing it! - and I obviously misheard what my mate the installer told me, it's nearer 3600mm. It'll have to be 4 at 762mm (5 will just bust the space available) with fill-ins either end and at the top, so am now on to fixings, spacers etc. I'll have a look for the Stanley track - very useful info as most I've seen online don't have that length. Have allowed for overlap. Cheers and many thanks.

Fazq01,

I got the 3607 tracks and doors from Homebase and the guy who fitted them said the tracks were Stanley, so you may want to double check.
In the end I got four 762 doors and one 610 mirror door. They make a perfect fit and look great.
It was a good solution as I didn't want all mirror doors or the hassle of working out where to put a full size mirror elsewhere in the bedroom.
I googled 3607 sliding door tracks and Stanley came up - also cut price on ebay under Twenga compare prices. Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back