Silicone sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just sealed my shower enclosure with Dow Corning 785 Clear. Will it be ok to give it a second application approx 1.5 - 2 hours after applying the initial application? Want to make sure I have not missed anything before our maiden shower tomorrow (hopefully).

It's the first time I have used Dow Corning and it goes on alot easier than other brands. Normally use Unibond silicone sealant. It's been on approx 40 mins and it seems to be drying already.

Sponsored Links
Why are you doing a second app?I find it easier to make sure I fill with Silicone fully the first time.

The MI says that its tack free in 10mins, so should be OK, leaving it till tomorrow will mean the first and second app would be dry, IMHO

Why are you doing a second app?I find it easier to make sure I fill with Silicone fully the first time.

The MI says that its tack free in 10mins, so should be OK, leaving it till tomorrow will mean the first and second app would be dry, IMHO

I have made sure it's 100% covered. Just want to add a 2nd layer around the prone areas such as around the shower tray etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back