Silk Emulsion paint on interior brick wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to paint the brick walls inside my garage since I've cleared it out and I've got a load of silk emulsion left over from decorating the house interior during the summer. Would it be ok to use it?

Sponsored Links
I want to know if silk paint would suitably adhere to the brick or is it destined to peel easily?

Personally speaking I'd use masonry paint. But if you want to use Silk, I don't see why it wouldn't be ok. May have to mist coat it first tho? I should imagine it would take a lot of paint to cover well. As for peeling, I think should be reasonably safe as not exposed to the elements.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Blightymam. I've just done a mist coat so will put the first layer of silk on tomorrow. I was aware that masonry paint would be better but I didn't really want to fork out the money for it just for the garage that I never really live in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back