Sime format digital 25 combi boiler

C

Classic40

Hi,

Can you let me know your thoguths on this boiler?

I can pick one up with flue and wireless thermostat for under £380 inc vat.

It comes with a 5 year parts & labour warranty.

This is to replace my aging Ideal Classic FF340 System Kit/Open Vented setup.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What other options do I have for around £500 with the flue? The sime looks good value for money based on the spec and warranty.

Thanks.

Only boiler at that price range I would consider is Vokera.

Thing is, this is the heart and soul of the home. Without it you'll be cold miserable and nagged. So why penny pinch :?:

If you have a dead boiler and are selling then why not offer the choice to the buyer? If you're a landlord looking for a cheap option, it is not a wise business move.

Sponsored Links
Carl, why were you thinking of a cheap boiler?

An associated problem with a cheap boiler is that home owner expects to get a cheap installer as well.

I would charge £840 to install that boiler! Exactly the same price as I would charge to fit a Vaillant!

Tony

Hi,

I have a gas safe registered mate who will be able to fit for a good price regardless of whatever boiler I pick.

The current setup (ideal classic ff340/sealed system kit/120L vented cylinder) works fine, just the expansion vessel is not holding the air and the boiler needs a good service.

Since I got the house in late 2011 I have had a replacement cylinder + pipework to it, auto air vent, flue fan, pressure gauge, digital programmer and wireless stat. (Spent around around £450)

I priced up a replacement vessel which comes in at around £80 (Ideal mfr# 113205)

My main reason for wanting to change this to a combi setup was to get a nice powerful shower (my 8.5kw elec shower is pants), avoid spending anymore money on the current setup and save money on gas/elec (due to not having the elec shower).

From what I read that my boiler is a D rated boiler which comes in at 78.6% where as the newer a rated ones come in at around 90%. I am not sure how much this would save me in money each month but I had a guess it would be at least £10 a month (I have a 2 bed semi, 6 rads)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back