Sime Super 90 Expansion Vessel Recharge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After replacing a leaking PRV, I noticed the system pressure was building up far too high, and passing water on the new PRV.

On investigation, I checked the Scrader valve on the expansion vessel. By pressing in the centre of the valve I determined there was almost no air in the Ev, and since no water came out I decided to just try a re-pressurisation.

With the system cold, I isolated the heating supply and return, and relieved the water side pressure using the PRV.

I then hooked up a car tyre inflator to a 12V battery, and put about 1 bar into the air side of the expansion vessel.

After refilling the water side, and pressurising to about 1.5 bar, I then opened the heating supply and return, and fired up the boiler.

It has been running on max. heat setting for over an hour now, and the CH system pressure has not risen above 2 bar.

I'll keep a close eye to see if the pressure rises again, indicating an air side leak or a split diaphragm, but for now all looks well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back