THEIR FUTURE TO DECIDE.
IT'S GONE TOO FAR TO BRING BACK TRUST,
OF ANYONE IN POWER.
TO MOST OF US THEY'LL ALWAYS BE
A REALLY GREAT BIG SHOWER.

(AND A BUNCH OF CROOKS).

Sponsored Links
conservatives_ive_never_voted_tory_before_600.jpg[img]

The common people hate Cameron because he is rich and they will NEVER be!
Bring on the Tories. Capitialism rules.

Sponsored Links

Yea of course just like the banks are your best friend, and the country Isn't in deep **** partly because of capitalism.
Yep bring it on.

Yea of course just like the banks are your best friend, and the country Isn't in deep s**t partly because of capitalism.
Yep bring it on.

yes, but you dont need banks if you dont have capitalism...........and the USSR also managed to get into much deeper ****, and they were communist. The worst was the Great Famine of 1932-33, but they managed to have famines every 10-13 years and droughts every 5-7 years, such is the triumph that a centralised economy is.

droughts every 5-7 years
Surely droughts are lack of rain.

or lack of water management and lack of reservoirs. We get close to having droughts because we have vast areas of concrete that runs the water into the drains and then the seas, instead of channeling it to reservoirs or down into the water table. You can turn average rainfall into a drought with enough people and sufficient stupidity.

Granted communism isn't perfect but you do need to look at its possitives. Compare Russia pre and post revolution. Standards of living rose greatly, the Czars only abandoned slavery a decade or so before, and famines and droughts occured just as much. The Russian people were exploited and down trodden which is what causes revolutions in the first place, the rosy world of capitalism didn't keep them happy. Yes there were mistakes along the way but which country in the world hasn't made any?
When you look at what the USSR achieved from standards of living to putting men into space and then think what restriction were against them their achievments are fantastic. Don't forget they couldn't import tectnology and had a non negotiable currency and had the west working against them at every turn. Oh and lets not forget they won a world war at the same time at a cost of 20 million of their people.
The real achilles heal of the communist system is its low wealth growth and lack of inflation. E.g. train fares and rents hadn't gone up since 1923, and some commodities were actually marked with the cost i.e. cast into a product. In the west the finanical system can just invent money out of thin air which is what the banks did and is why so much brown smelly stuff has hit so many big whirry things.
Communism is I think a very moral system that ultimatly I feel should, will or must be adopted worldwide, it just can't stand alone in a capitalist world.
Oh and as to the British Communist Party (yes there is still one), despite my beliefs I couldn't vote for them. Look at their website, they're more interested in having solidarity with "our brothers in palestien" :rolleyes:

Granted communism isn't perfect but you do need to look at its possitives. Compare Russia pre and post revolution. Standards of living rose greatly, the Czars only abandoned slavery a decade or so before, and famines and droughts occured just as much. The Russian people were exploited and down trodden which is what causes revolutions in the first place, the rosy world of capitalism didn't keep them happy. Yes there were mistakes along the way but which country in the world hasn't made any?
When you look at what the USSR achieved from standards of living to putting men into space and then think what restriction were against them their achievments are fantastic. Don't forget they couldn't import tectnology and had a non negotiable currency and had the west working against them at every turn. Oh and lets not forget they won a world war at the same time at a cost of 20 million of their people.
The real achilles heal of the communist system is its low wealth growth and lack of inflation. E.g. train fares and rents hadn't gone up since 1923, and some commodities were actually marked with the cost i.e. cast into a product. In the west the finanical system can just invent money out of thin air which is what the banks did and is why so much brown smelly stuff has hit so many big whirry things.
Communism is I think a very moral system that ultimatly I feel should, will or must be adopted worldwide, it just can't stand alone in a capitalist world.
Oh and as to the British Communist Party (yes there is still one), despite my beliefs I couldn't vote for them. Look at their website, they're more interested in having solidarity with "our brothers in palestien" :rolleyes:

lol ive never read so much romantic crap written about the USSR in my life!! Communism was an unmitigated disaster. Millions of people starved to death due to the incompetence and corruption of the collectivisation of the farms. The Space program forged ahead regardless of safety, hundreds of russians died trying to keep up with the US. 60 million of there citizens were sent to forced labour camps as Stalin indulged his paranoia about the inteliigensia and the Army and purged so called enemies of the state, at one stage he had almost stripped the USSR of every scientists orf any use. Ditto the armed forces, if you were any good, you were marked. Heroes returned home from WW2 only to be hauled away to the Gulag. Anyone who had been captured was immediately labelled as a western agent and also sent to the gulag.

Russian technology has always developed at a human cost that would be unacceptable in the west - look at there nuclear power programme, there still admitting to accidents that have killed people. Chernobyl happened because the russians insisted on using a reactor design that the west had abandoned as inherently unsafe. The Kursk sinking occurred because the russians used a torpedo design also abandoned by the west as inherently unstable. Time and time again russians killed there own people through sheer negligence and incompetence.

Furthermore, they didn't win WW2 on there own, as you imply. They had the Russian Winter, which was the only thing that stopped the germans, who were within sight of the domes of the Kremlin in 1942. The USSR also conducted genocide and ethnic cleansing in various countries in Europe, especially during and after World War II.Estimates of the death toll during the leadership of Stalin alone are estimated at 20 million people.

For some amusing reading, google these:

2006 North Ossetia pipeline explosions
Arkhangelsk tower block explosion of 2004
Basmanny market roof collapse
Droughts and famines in Russia and the Soviet Union
2008 Kazan tower block gas explosion
Luzhniki Foorball Stadium Disaster
Mayak Nuclear fire
Lame Horse nightclub fire
2009 Sayano-Shushenskaya hydro accident
Sverdlovsk anthrax leak
Techa River nuclear contamination disaster
Transvaal Park Sauna Roof collapse

nd there at least 15 men died in the Space program
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_cosmonauts

They had the Russian Winter, which was the only thing that stopped the germans, who were within sight of the domes of the Kremlin in 1942.
It was as much the german generals fault as the weather, they allowed their supply lines to become too stretched in their haste,thus hastening their decline.So the weather played its part but was not the decisive factor.

lol ive never read so much romantic crap written about the USSR in my life!! Communism was an unmitigated disaster. Millions of people starved to death due to the incompetence and corruption of the collectivisation of the farms. The Space program forged ahead regardless of safety, hundreds of russians died trying to keep up with the US. 60 million of there citizens were sent to forced labour camps as Stalin indulged his paranoia about the inteliigensia and the Army and purged so called enemies of the state, at one stage he had almost stripped the USSR of every scientists orf any use. Ditto the armed forces, if you were any good, you were marked. Heroes returned home from WW2 only to be hauled away to the Gulag. Anyone who had been captured was immediately labelled as a western agent and also sent to the gulag.

Russian technology has always developed at a human cost that would be unacceptable in the west - look at there nuclear power programme, there still admitting to accidents that have killed people. Chernobyl happened because the russians insisted on using a reactor design that the west had abandoned as inherently unsafe. The Kursk sinking occurred because the russians used a torpedo design also abandoned by the west as inherently unstable. Time and time again russians killed there own people through sheer negligence and incompetence.

Furthermore, they didn't win WW2 on there own, as you imply. They had the Russian Winter, which was the only thing that stopped the germans, who were within sight of the domes of the Kremlin in 1942. The USSR also conducted genocide and ethnic cleansing in various countries in Europe, especially during and after World War II.Estimates of the death toll during the leadership of Stalin alone are estimated at 20 million people.

For some amusing reading, google these:

2006 North Ossetia pipeline explosions
Arkhangelsk tower block explosion of 2004
Basmanny market roof collapse
Droughts and famines in Russia and the Soviet Union
2008 Kazan tower block gas explosion
Luzhniki Foorball Stadium Disaster
Mayak Nuclear fire
Lame Horse nightclub fire
2009 Sayano-Shushenskaya hydro accident
Sverdlovsk anthrax leak
Techa River nuclear contamination disaster
Transvaal Park Sauna Roof collapse

nd there at least 15 men died in the Space program
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_cosmonauts[/QUOTE]

and lets not forget the Nedelin launch pad disaster where 150 ground crew died
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe

They had the Russian Winter, which was the only thing that stopped the germans, who were within sight of the domes of the Kremlin in 1942.
It was as much the german generals fault as the weather, they allowed their supply lines to become too stretched in their haste,thus hastening their decline.So the weather played its part but was not the decisive factor.

It was absolutely the decisive factor, it was the only thing that stopped the germans. The russians had fought a running rearguard action for 150 miles, they were outgunned, out maneuvered, and had no tanks. It was ONLY the appalling cold that brought the germans to a standstill. The germans were not prepared for it, whereas the russians were. The germans had massive injuries to frostbite, and people freezing to death as they slept ,and it got so cold the diesel in the fuel tanks froze and the tanks and lorries could not be started. Guns froze up, soldiers fingers went black as frostbite ate them away. It was horrendous.

The germans failed to learn from history, it was the russian winter that also stopped Napoleon.

Don't forget the Americans are so advanced in their technology that challenger wasn't a accident it was caused by incompetence.

Don't forget the Americans are so advanced in their technology that challenger wasn't a accident it was caused by incompetence.

Yes but the point is the number of people who have died in the west in nuclear and space accidents is under 25, wheras in the USSR it runs into the hundreds (thousands if you count chernobyl). Safety is not a consideration under communist technology.

Sponsored Links
Back