Single impeller pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone tell me if I can fit a single impeller pump directly out of the hot water tank to increase my hot water pressure?

Cold water is mains fed and has good pressure. I don't have a boiler, just an imression tank.

Thanks, Sam

Sponsored Links
Fitting a single impeller pump is no problem, to a hot water cylinder.
You must make sure though you use a flange of some kind.
A flange, is a fitting that will prevent air travelling through the supply, thus damaging the pump.

The most common flanges are 'surrey flange', 'essex flange' or 'tech flange.'
The surrey is probably the easiest to install, as it simply fits into the top of the cylinder.
Most reputable plumbing outlets will sell these for around £15.
I hope this helps...

I have over 15 years experience in the plumbing and bathroom industry...
Glad to be of help!

You are just a whipper snapper ;)

Sponsored Links
Cool, thanks for the help.
The surrey flange does sounds pretty straight forward, so I'll give it a go. (a warix flange is pretty similary isn't it?)

Thanks Sam

The advice so far is spot on. I would also advise you to get the best pump you can. I've seen small plastic bodied shower pumps installed in the situation you describe - they'll work but don't expect them to last for too long as they'll be working far harder than they're designed to. Something like a Stuart Turner Monsoon 3 bar single should do you. They're not exactly cheap but they're the sort of thing you should be looking at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back