single mum confused by boiler with a mind of its own :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a biasi boiler... its only a year old and it confuses the hell out of me.

its decided not to work. i didnt touch it i swear haha x

firstly i thought id run out of gas on my meter, so i topped up again, only to find out that i hadnt ran out at all.

so now, where the hot water dial is its showing 2 green lights flashing... although occasionally the light in between is showing red.

the light on the CH side isnt showing anything...

im used to seeing 2 red lights, one on each side when the gas runs out.

we have no hot water and no CH.... and im lost... defeated by the cold white box in my utility room.... it only has a tiny little screen and 5 buttons.... on/off up and down, ok and menu..... none of which seem to be doing anything....

i really hope someone can help me

me plus three

x

Sponsored Links
try resetting it if theyres a reset button, if not can you see the pressure gauge on the boiler? the dial should be between 1 and 2 bar of pressure

oohhh reset button - u know, i didnt even know that little hole hid a button haha...

ok so i pressed the tiny rest button... now i have 1 green light.... and a flashing clock and still nothing

pressure is 0

up the pressure to about 1.5 bar and you'll probably need to re-bleed all the rads.

Sponsored Links
haha, the system needs topping up, underneath the boiler there will be either one or two blue or black plastic taps depending on the boiler type,if theres a flexible metal hose there itl be next to that, turn the tap until u here a gushing sound(this is the water filling up) the pressure will then increase keep watching the gauge till it reaches 1.5 bar then close the tap, should start working then,try the hot tap

ok so the pressure is up to 1.5 - thanks for tlking me through that! that pipe once split n was spraying everywhere... imagine me knowing f all about this kinda thing... i just stand there battling the spray not knowing how to turn the water off hahaha.... thats a story for another day anyway haha x

ok so the hot tap is still running cold. the lights on the left by the hot water dial are green red green 2 on the left flashing... and the screen shows and h and on.... but still hasnt lit and water still cold etc...

haha that happens to the best of us, hmmm try reseting it again, do u still have the manufacturers instructions itl tell u what fault the lights are showing

Turn right knob to the "O" position until left light flases once every 4 secs.

Then turn to either side and turn on a hot tap, then poress the red button in the centre for two seconds!

Tony

Turn right knob to the "O" position until left light flases once every 4 secs.

Then turn to either side and turn on a hot tap, then poress the red button in the centre for two seconds!

Tony

hey tony

i tried but it do anything. also i dont have a red button... im assuming you mean the one id usually press to light it....

try switching it off at the switch for ten secs, do u know what the model is?

oh dear - i must be your worst nightmare... i know nothing about boilers.....

i just did as you said, turned it off for abit then back on. same as before. by hot water dial green and red lights flashing and green light continuous. light by CH dial not on...

i dont know the model.... when i moved in all i was told was that it was new, they didnt leave any instructions and the panel that would usually cover the dials etc wasnt there either.

would i fin the model number anywhere else perhaps?

i really appreciate your help

There is a red button about in the centre of the panel.

Its about 20mm to the left of the central red lockout light!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back