Single overflow from cold water storage and CH header?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I realise this may be a chronically stupid question but I'm going to risk asking it anyway. I had my flaky facias & soffits replaced today. At the front of the property the chaps found that the PVC overflow pipe sticking out of the facia board was freely flapping and apparently unconnected at the other end, and they presumed was redundant. Several other houses in my street do not have overflows exiting this location. I went into the loft to check but couldn't see where it would of connected, so agreed to have it pulled out.

Typically, later this evening I had another look and realised that this pipe was the overflow outlet for the central heating header tank! I am reluctant to have to drill a new hole in my new facia panel, so was wondering if it is okay to tee into the overflow for the cold water storage and use the same overflow outlet for the two tanks?

Sponsored Links
That's what I was hoping - but I was trying to work out if there was a risk of central heating water contaminating the cold water storage tank (?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back