Single pipe CH system - can you get manual full bore valves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently purchased a 1960's house with a single pipe system installed. Common issue - the rads don't all get hot!
Over the years, TRV's have been installed on all rads, which look like the standard type (reduced bore, not full bore).

I want to give the old system a chance, and replace the older rads along with all the valves, and give the rads I want to keep a good flush out.

Question is... I've read that I need full bore valves for the system to work properly. Can you get standard manual full bore valves, or are all manual valves the same? I don't want to put TRV's back on.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan,
I've had TRV's on my systems in other houses, and i've always ended up leaving them all open - so can't be bothered with the extra expense to be honest!

Sponsored Links
:)
TRV's may be a possibility on some, but not on all rads.
Do you know if there is such thing as full bore manual valves? Or will standard ones do?

Cheers

There are many different configurations of one pipe systems installed.

What is and is not possible depends on the exact type that you have fitted.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back