single radiator not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wondering if someone can help me?
We have a town house which is 6 years old. However on the 1st floor, the radiator in the hallway doesn't heat up, it remains stone cold. The 2 radiators in the rooms either side are ok, as are the radiators on the top floor and ground floor.
We have a boiler (not combi) in the kitchen and the immersion heater on the 2nd floor.
I have bled all radiators and there was no air in them, bar 1 on the top floor, which had lots of air.
I have tried to adjust the valve (one on the left side) to see if it was a flow issue, but so far no joy.
We will be turning on the central heating soon, but was wondering if i should do anything before to check or maintenance to see if i can get all radiators working?
Thanks for any help
Olly

Sponsored Links
Is there a thermostatic valve on the rad, if so could it be a stuck pin?

Whats all this free dangermouse business? :confused:

Are we talking about Dangermouse46?, has he been banned?

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the replies?

so bled them all again (no air), turned them all off bar the one thats not working (not working since last winter but we lived with it)
i have removed complete the thermostat valve as it was faulty. even when you turned it the pin didnt lift.
So pushed the radiator pin up and down, and it doesnt stick.

with all radiators off and this one on (pin up) its still not heating.

CC?

I read somewhere about resetting the flow through all of the house. is this wise, or a waste of time?

cheers

im no expert on boilers, but am hoping its ok. as i say the house is 6 years old and the boiler gets services every year using the britih gas 3* contract.

no joy still cold :(

Although i have noticed that the pipe attached to the thermostat side of the radiator is hot, but the otherside is still cold and the radiator cold.

One method that works for me in this situation (posible airlock in return) is to undo the union a few turns into a wet vac or tray, it can remove the airlock. Even easier if the valve has a drain off.

You may have to do this while system is running but its generally not a good idea to bleed while the pump is on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back