Single shower pump for hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a mixer shower run off a gravity fed system, but the cold is run off the mains. Pressure for a hot shower is pretty dire, so I am going to install a single shower pump just for the hot water, as the cold is fine.

It's only a small house and there is only a kitchen sink and a bathroom sink as well as the shower. I was wondering rather than running new pipework to feed only the shower, I could just tee into the hot water to feed the other 2 sinks as well as the shower. The sink and shower are never used at the same time so enough water will be provided for the pump to work properly. Plus I will get better pressure through my taps too!

Just wondering if this is possible, and won't cause complications.

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
ahh I see, thanks for the link. Though I see it mentioned about there possibly being a problem if the hot and cold pressures aren't matched. Would this mean I would have to buy a pump that has roughly the same pressure as the mains? That would be a pretty powerful shower! Or maybe getting say a 1.5bar pressure pump and whacking a pressure reducing valve before the cold inlet to the shower?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back