Single stair tread. (moved thread)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry.... moved to staircase/floor thread!

----------

Just after a bit of advice,

I'm putting engineered wood over the top of floor boards in my hallway. At the end of the hallway their is a step down into the kitchen.

Bit confused on how to finish the edge of the new engineered wood, as i don't have a "stair tread" shaped piece of teh new wood.

Any ideas on where i could purchase a single stair tread? (obviously it won;t look exactly the same but that's fine) I've googled it but can't find anywhere that is obvious, i'll ring a few of the stair places tomorrow to see if they do singles but wondered if anybody had any recommendations?

Also if i go this method i'll be putting a stair tread on top of a stair tread which im sure will look a bit odd!

Sponsored Links
The simple thing would be to cut a piece of the new flooring as a riser and fit it to the existing step creating a continuity of look, fitting either a corner bead or metal nosing cover. This could either be closely matching wood or highlighted for delineation purposes...pinenot :)

Thanks for the advice but the risers are already in place, the step is actually the first of "3" steps which lead into the tiled kitchen and the risers and treads are made from those tiles.

Sponsored Links
OK, omit riser and go with nosing piece, seemples ...pinenot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back