Sink Blockage help I'm stumped!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I have a kitchen sink blockage. I have used a plunger to no effect. I unscrewed the fitting nearest the wall and the water drained into a bucket I had placed there so I assumed the blockage was nearer the sink, possibly in the U bend as there was no apparent water backing up the pipe going into the wall.

However, I ran the tap and the water came through the U bend and into the bucket. I screwed the pipes together again and ran the tap and the sink immediately started to fill with water. I had expected a bit of time whilst the water made its way through to the blockage again and backed up, but the sink filling was immediate.

What am I missing? I have yet to undo the U bend as the fixings are tight and difficult to unscrew.

Any help would be apprecated

Sponsored Links
If the water is getting through the trap (U bend) then it seems fair to say this isnt the problem. Check pipework through/beyond the wall, assuming you can get to it. Where does it run to eventually?

Also, if you have used any chemical 'unblockers' be extremely careful if dismantling the pipes, that stuff is lethal! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back