Sink sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the sink in my kitchen as it's old and grotty, and the tap broke last night. I've looked online and seen a few that appear to meet my requirement, but I'm not sure about sizes. The existing sink measures 1010mm from end to end (including the drainer), however, the one I like has a width of 980mm according to the website. My question is this: does that 980 measurement indicate the minimum size of the hole into which the sink will fit, or is that the absolute width including the lip which sits on over the worktop? Basically, I don't want to buy the sink and then find its 20-30mm too narrow for the gap. It's very hard to measure the actual hole in the worktop, as it spans two cupboards and isn't accessible from below. Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Should really tell you all measurements but as a guide the hole will be around 15 - 20mm smaller all round the top. Check thickness some are very thin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back