Quartz Sink Not Flat (Level)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of a new kitchen install and coming to the end - thank god!

My last task is the sink, of which I opted for the Bristan Gallery Quartz 1.5 bowl sink. Now, the issue that I have got, is that it does not sit flat against the worktop - as the sink itself is not level. It is basically raised around 4mm-5mm on the drainer end, which can be pressed down easily enough, but this causes the sink end to rise bythe same amount. Almost like it is bowed. Before it gets asked, it is not fouling anything underneath it.

So the question is, has anyone come across this before? Is this normal for a quartz sink and if so, what is the workaround for it? I've considered using a good silicone and putting a breeze block on each end over night whilst it cures, but not sure if that's such a good idea?! They do supply clips with the sink, however, these will not be easy to fit at all at the sink end - the drainer end will be no problem though.

On a side note, the flippin' waste kit that was bundled in with it is also not the appropriate one - it is not possible to fit the the overflow pipe to the drainer. Doh!

Sponsored Links
Put a spirit level across it and see if that shows where the bow is. Bristan may well replace it for you

Stainless steel sinks often have bit of a bow but they have some give and if properly clamped they will lie flat. A composite sink like yours will have much less give and really should be perfectly flat. If there is a bow it needs to go back. I assume you've checked that the worktop is perfectly flat and level.
As for the waste, I usually bin the rubbish that's supplied and fit McAlpine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back