Siren Problem Yale HSA6400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm having problems with my HSA6400 alarm. Everything worked fine when installed 4 months ago, but now the siren will not learn in to the control panel. I've tried all of the help and suggestions found in other posts and followed the correct procedure from the Yale site. It doesn't seem to matter what procedure I try the siren will never beep to say it has received the signal from the control panel, even when sitting next to it.

To cut a long story short I purchased a replacement siren and still can't get it to work even after a factory reset and complete re installation.

Could it be the control panel failing to transmit and if so can anyone recommend where I can get a new panel without paying for the whole kit.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is your control panel sited within 1 metre of your wireless router. This can happen if you are sharing the same telephone point. Some but not all routers can have this effect if the panel and router are within 1 metre.
Some routers can also be placed right next to the control panel with no effect so its a case of trial and error.
You could try moving the router to another phone point location if this is the case. As long as they are a few feet apart you should be fine , next room even better.

The router is in the living room and the control panel is in the hall, however as the crow flies that's probably only a little more than a metre or so and the wall is only plasterboard. Also now I'm thinking about it I don't believe we got the router until after the alarm was installed, possibly about when it may have stopped working. I'm stuck in work for the rest of this evening but will try it with the router off first thing and report back.

Thanks for the advise

As the panel has a back-up battery you can unplug it and move it around the house or garden to find a better position.

BTW I have a Yale siren in a house I look after, that I noticed beeped the other day when the PIR outside security lamp clicked on :confused: The system was not armed.

Sponsored Links
As the panel has a back-up battery you can unplug it and move it around the house or garden to find a better position.

BTW I have a Yale siren in a house I look after, that I noticed beeped the other day when the PIR outside security lamp clicked on :confused: The system was not armed.

Is it a 6200 or 6400?
There wouldn't be a radio signal problem as your outside pir will be direct wired to the lamp.
It is more likely a voltage spike issue caused by the lamp relay sparking
Was it the siren that bleeped as if receiving a signal or the control panel.

it was the siren that bleeped, it is quite close to the outside lamp

the siren is actually a 3000 type

In that case you have answered the question.
Just as you need to keep the control panel of a 6400 or 6300 a little away from potential inteference you also have to keep the sirens away from possible inteference too.

For example you cannot have two sirens programmed to different systems ie two homes next door within a metre of each other.

If you move the siren slightly away from the lamp that will probably stop the beep happening.

will it do anything apart from an occasional bleep?

I tried turning the router off and re-learning both the old and new siren but still with the same problem the siren will not respond to the control panel even if I move the panel and or the siren.

Does anyone know of anything else worth trying before I start looking for a new panel.

have you definately got the dip switches the right way?
The diagrams can be misleading. left is on right is off.
When the dip switches are the wrong side then the sirens wont learn.

I presume the sensors are still working ie in walk test therefore making it highly unlikely to be a faulty panel.

Dip switches are definately the right way as far as I know. 1 set to on (left) to clear then all set to off (right) to learn.

Everything else about the system is working, walk test is fine. Even setting the alarm off on purpose everything works including calling the stored numbers. Control panel siren also works. I just can't get the siren to learn in. It was OK when first set up as we had the confirmation beeps when setting the alarm each time. We turned that off after a few weeks and at some point the main siren stopped working. We only found out because the alarm was set off by accident and there was no siren.

Dip switches are definately the right way as far as I know. 1 set to on (left) to clear then all set to off (right) to learn.

Everything else about the system is working, walk test is fine. Even setting the alarm off on purpose everything works including calling the stored numbers. Control panel siren also works. I just can't get the siren to learn in. It was OK when first set up as we had the confirmation beeps when setting the alarm each time. We turned that off after a few weeks and at some point the main siren stopped working. We only found out because the alarm was set off by accident and there was no siren.

When you learn sirens in after the system is programmed its a different process to how it is done on first time easy set up.

Make sure all dips are to the right and the siren is switched off.
put dip switch one to the left and press the learn button.
You may or may not hear a faint beep
Then switch on the siren and then slide dip switch one to the right.
enter the programming mode at the panel
(press pr - enter code - tick)
Then select -devices- program siren-learn siren.
Before you enter the learn siren menu by pressing tick press the learn button on the siren - you will see the two outside leds flash once.
Now on the control panel press tick next to learn siren and follow the prompts.

A signal will be sent to the siren and the centre red led will flash.

you will then be able to select the programme siren- siren tamper off options in order to allow you to mount the siren.

that's very interesting

I also have a 3800 system which works fine with sensors and original 3000 siren, but when I later tried to attach a second 3000 siren to it, I couldn't get it to work. Is there a similar process here?

tia

I tried the described procedure a number of times.

I get as far as pressing the learn button on the siren then selecting learn siren on the control panel. This is the point at which nothing happens. The siren behaves as it should with the two outside lights flashing but it never picks up the signal from the control panel. I've now tried two different sirens both with the same result. Its very strange as absolutely everything else is working just as it should.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back