Yale HSA6400 siren question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We installed a HSA6400 18 months to 2 years ago and have had no problems with it. I recently had to change all the batteries in the PIR detectors as the control panel said they needed changing, also the siren box started chiming 5 times which I believe is an indication the batteries need changing in that.

I have changed the 4 D cell batteries in the siren but it is still chiming 5 times when we set the alarm and leave the house. Randomly last night the siren box started going off when the alarm was armed (not the whole system just the siren box).

The other day I was talking to the Yale help line and they told me that when you’re changing the batteries it’s best to leave a 5 minute gap between taking the old ones out and putting the new ones in so the system recognises they’ve been changed? Is there any truth in this?

I’d be grateful for any advice offered

thanks

Sam

Sponsored Links
I have never experienced that, but have no reason to disbelieve them. I've never left siren batteries so long that they go flat, I'm surprised it happened in only two years. Were they new, alkaline batts?

IIRC the siren can be be set to audibly "pip" on set and unset, though I don't do that, I listen to the control panel countdown or watch the LEDs flash on the siren.

Have you got the instructions?

If the siren sounds without the control panel, it's the anti-tamper switch not being tight against the wall or lid. Perhaps it got disturbed while you were changing the batteries. Best to take it off the wall and bring it indoors to check it over. You will see the anti-tamper switch. You can use tape or a rubber band while you are testing, or lie it on a table. Put a blanket over it to muffle the noise.

Thanks John
Yes they were new batteries. The lid is screwed tight shut so maybe it’s the tamper between the siren box and the wall (if there is one - I didn’t fit the siren box) our house is an uneven render so maybe it’s that? Athough it’s been fine up until now and I thought 5 pips was the batteries. I’ll get up the ladders and have a look

UPDATE
I took the batteries out for a good 10 minutes, replaced them and now when the system is armed it doesn’t chime 5 times.

fingers crossed that’s sorted it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back