Siren Problem Yale HSA6400

I tried the described procedure a number of times.

I get as far as pressing the learn button on the siren then selecting learn siren on the control panel. This is the point at which nothing happens. The siren behaves as it should with the two outside lights flashing but it never picks up the signal from the control panel. I've now tried two different sirens both with the same result. Its very strange as absolutely everything else is working just as it should.

Try again but this time don't push the learn button on the siren first.

The only time I had a similar problem to yourself it was resolved by moving the router away from the panel but as you have said you have tried with the router disconnected then I am puzzled.

Do you have anything else other than your router that could be transmitting signals near your panel. Clutching at straws here but nintendo Wii?? any other transmitting device xbox etc etc

I tried three sirens all new when I had the same problem as you and it did turn out to be the router not the panel.

The only other suggestion is to check wether you have disabled the siren in the advanced settings menu.

Sponsored Links
I have just received a reply from Yale at last. They sent me the quick set up guide without a file extension, so it took a few minutes to work out it was a .doc file and open it.

As you can see they don't seem to know which dip switch is which.

5) Add Siren(OK?) will be displayed On the siren: power switch to OFF, then switch 4 to Slave, switch 2 to OFF, switch 3 to OFF, switch 1 to ON. Press the discharge switch a couple of times. Move the power switch to ON (the siren will beep and flash), move the clear switch (switch 4) to OFF. Now press the Learn button on the siren, the control unit will recognize it Press √ and follow the on screen instructions, you can add another siren or skip to the next step the ▲/▼ and pressing √.

Hmm maybe Yale should emloy me as their tech help.

The advice seems ok until they mix up dip 4 with dip one at the end.

As you say though this sequence still does not solve the problem.

Sponsored Links
I am also having problems with my Yale HSA 6400 siren. Everything worked perfectly after the initial installation. A month after the installation I added 2 PIRs to the system and ever since then the alarm sirens (external and control unit) have stopped working when the alarm is triggered. The external siren does still beep when the system is being armed so it is receiving a signal. The batteries are ok as the siren still goes off when it is tampered with. The telephone messaging also still works. I have tried starting again by deleting and re-adding all my devices but that didn't help either. I also tried to learn the siren again following the instructions in the manual (moving dip switch 1 to the left and clearing the memory) but that didn't help either. Any ideas anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back