Site Labour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Because I work for the Education Authority I will be getting 7 weeks holiday this summer.

I was thinking of doing some site labour to pass the time, there are many building sites in my area due to the redevelopment work.

What kind of work can I expect to do? Most of the job ads i've seen just say keeping the site clean and tidy. I have quite a lot of experience doing different things, but if sweeping up it what I'll have to do, so be it.

Sponsored Links
Because I work for the Education Authority I will be getting 7 weeks holiday this summer.

I was thinking of doing some site labour to pass the time, there are many building sites in my area due to the redevelopment work.

What kind of work can I expect to do? Most of the job ads i've seen just say keeping the site clean and tidy. I have quite a lot of experience doing different things, but if sweeping up it what I'll have to do, so be it.

why not go on holiday like everyone else.

Will be doing for a couple of weeks, but trust me sweeping up rubble all day would be a holiday from working with people who are in a constant state of text-book reality (teachers).

Will be doing for a couple of weeks, but trust me sweeping up rubble all day would be a holiday from working with people who are in a constant state of text-book reality (teachers).

Give me a call i could do with my drive way flaggin whats yea rates.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what a labourers lifes like these days on a building site but in the past when I worked on them especially the tower blocks the Labourers tasks wern't too pleasant, part of their job was emptying buckets that were strategically placed around the site on various floors for the tradesmen to save them having to leave the floor to take a leak.

Seven weeks? No wonder this country is bankrupt.

Seven weeks? No wonder this country is bankrupt.

My Pay is calculated pro-rata, so although I will get paid during the break i'm not getting paid for the holidays.

Hence the reason I want to make a few extra quid while I can.

Not sure what a labourers lifes like these days on a building site but in the past when I worked on them especially the tower blocks the Labourers tasks wern't too pleasant, part of their job was emptying buckets that were strategically placed around the site on various floors for the tradesmen to save them having to leave the floor to take a leak.

Nice, I have some other options (factory labour) which would be stripping down power presses.

Sounds like the better option!

Hello,

If you are still looking into 'site' labouring then it may be a good idea to get yourself a CSCS card. It is a basic safety skills card that you can obtain by sitting a small multiple choice test and costs @£30.00.

It may be very difficult to get 'onto' site without one.

Good luck in your jobsearch.

Ed

Hello,

If you are still looking into 'site' labouring then it may be a good idea to get yourself a CSCS card. It is a basic safety skills card that you can obtain by sitting a small multiple choice test and costs @£30.00.

It may be very difficult to get 'onto' site without one.

Good luck in your jobsearch.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for that.

I've looked into the CSCS card as I require one to access a site on a seperate job i'm involved in.

Not yet surw which card I will be able to get, but will be arranging something soon.

I use a site called gumtree.com to find casual staff and there are always ads for those seeking work too. There are gumtres for many areas so you can look close to home.

place a free ad or search for work.
If you were in manchester I could help.

Sponsored Links
Back