Size of bush problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not the sort that could be sorted with a razor but one of too little thread.
Looking for a 3/4m to 1/2f bush to tail an old, old rad. Problem is the only ones I can find have only 10mm of thread, which due to the design of these rads, just isn't long enough to get a seal because you can only get 2-3mm in.
Anyone know of anywhere that does a bush with more than 10mm of thread or a stroke of inspiration to help me out?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Black iron bush, are you using a brass one they are waste of time

Sponsored Links
Black Iron Bush=Tapered Thread....Brass Bush=Paralell Thread...George W Bush= :?: Thought you`d know that in Russia ;)

It's isn't that the thread won't wind in, its that the rad thread is so far recessed that the 10mm on the bush physically can't wind in far enough as the hex hits the rim of the tail hole, ie. I need a few more mm- but who doesn't!

B.I are longer too ;) Get some hemp+ bosswhite on it aswell ...sod the Environment :LOL:

Talking of bush, saw written on back of a dirty landscaper's van- 'In your garden is your bush damp? We can trim it'

Thanks people- iron was the answer. Popped in to my friendly merchant who said, "I told you the iron ones were longer when you phoned'!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back