Replacement for mystery fill valve...help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having a nightmare trying to sort out the fill valve in the toilet. Excuse the novice incorrect plumbing terms, but I've replaced the black rubber valve, which had a small hole in. This hasn't solved the problem as it looks like the clear plastic/nylon bush (?) in the end is worn down a bit and once the toilet has filled, water hisses out of this bush. I've searched everywhere to replace the whole unit, but I can't find one like ours anywhere. It is bottom fill, but a metal pipe travels up the inside of the cistern and then bends around, to which the current unit is attached. The metal pipe is very close to the edge of the cistern, so if I was to remove it and replace with a new bottom fill valve, I suspect the float would be too close to the tank.

Not sure if this makes sense and am happy to add photos. Any idea where I can get a replacement unit or plastic bush even?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ok, here's a picture now I've removed it.

Attachments

• IMAG3124.jpg
    IMAG3124.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 135
Sponsored Links
And with it installed..

Attachments

• IMAG3138.jpg
    IMAG3138.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 125
Thanks. Isn't it possible to get one the same as my existing one? Do Torbeck ones work just as well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back