sized stopcocks (fixed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wanted to put up a wee note of thanks. I had a leak earlier in the week which a friendhelped me fix as a temporary thing, but we couldnt get the water off due to every single stopcock in the house being totally siezed. as it was late he left things as they were.
today after a lot of reading on here, some WD40, and some heat i unseized every stopcock in the house so they all run freely, had to repack one as it dripped a bit after being moved, and have now turned them all on, backed off a little to stop them seizing again
plumbing scared the hell out of me but now at least i know i can get the water off in future if i need to
cheers to everyone who has ever commented in a seized stopcock thread as i think i read them all :)

Sponsored Links
when i get the heating redone, i'll be changing the route of the water pipes, so will look at that then. it's 3/4 pipe we have, so i guess that'll be converted to 22mm. the water pipes run up the middle of a wall that's ideal for a combi boiler being mounted on. for now, i'm just happy i mnanaged to do some plumbing without flooding the place.
i may need to repack another stop cock, it has a very very slow drip. about one an hour. the nut is as tight as i can get it and still move the handle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back