sizing a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im gonna hang some 1400 grade lining paper and then paint over it, read that its best to size the wall first. Do i mix the paste as it aays on the pack and do you have to let it drry before hanging the paper or can i hang when its still wet. Also do i try and butt the paper or leave a small gap and fill the joints

Sponsored Links
If you have normally painted walls there is no need to size, if you have bare plaster or heavily filled walls then go ahead and size. Its best to size the night before, the wall draws in the paste and gives the wall an equal porosity. Don't apply the paper to a wet size. Follow the instructions on the packet.
As long as you allow the correct soaking time (to allow expansion) butt your paper together, filling gaps can open up a lot of problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back