skimming cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
We live in a bungalow in the Warrington area, and I have removed the chimney breast, battened and boarded the now straight wall, and now it ready for skimming either with Multi or board, I have done skimming before and consider myself competant/ish, but to be perfectly honest with you I think I'm getting a bit old/tired now, so I think I'll get someone local to do it for me now.
Would the spreaders on here be so kind to take a quick look at the photo and give me an idea what kind of cost for the job.
The width/height are....just shy of 4m wide,x 2.4m height, =9.6m2.
and ceiling is...0.36mx1.6m
Thanks.

Attachments

• P1040091.JPG
    P1040091.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 175
Sponsored Links
If you want someone to just come and skim that you would be better off filling the gaps you have left around the edges yourself

If there wasnt a good reason to leave a gap at the top I would have fitted tight to ceiling as its easier to hide a gap at the bottom which avoids possible future cracks at the top

Sponsored Links
Thank you all, and sorry for the delay in replying,...the reason I left a gap at the top was because floor to ceiling is 99" and the boards were 94", so because I was fitting 127mm coving, I gave slightly more gap at the top. cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back